The International Baccalaureate Organization has recognized DePaul University’s program of study entitled “Teaching and Learning in a Global Context” as meeting all the academic requirements of the IB certificate in teaching and learning in the Middle Years Programme (grades 6-10) and the Diploma Programme (grades 11 and 12).
The International Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching and Learning for both the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP) offer a course of study for the following candidates:
- professionals in any teaching capacity or those with a minimum of bachelor’s degree seeking training in either MYP or DP.
- in-service sixth through tenth grade teachers for the MYP
- in-service tenth through twelfth grade teachers for DP
- in-service teachers at any grade interested in either program
Geared toward preparing professionals to work in International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, this graduate-level program provides instruction related to the IB history and philosophy, curriculum design and methodology, the assessment of learning, and the use of student data for instructional decision-making.
The DePaul University program has been designed with the most current and relevant content related to teaching successfully in an IB school. IB educators across the Chicagoland area and globally have informed this robust curriculum.
Unique DePaul Program Advantages
- The program is 100% online with asynchronous sessions.
- Faculty in the program consist of current IB educators and DePaul University faculty.
- The program has rolling admissions allowing candidates to start at any time.
- The duration of the program is self-paced with an average time of completion of 22 weeks.
- Network with other educators around the country and the world via an online platform.
- Eligible for an IB certificate in teaching and learning either MYP or DP