In addition to our degree programs, the College of Education offers stand-alone initial teaching licensure, endorsement-only, certificate, and continuing education programs for students interested in increasing their knowledge and adding credentials to their resume without pursuing a full degree.
Graduate Initial Teaching Licensure & Endorsement Programs
The College of Education offers a variety of initial teaching licensure (PEL) with endorsement programs for aspiring teachers.
Initial Teaching Licensure (PEL) with…
Graduate Endorsement-only Programs
The College of Education offers a variety of endorsement-only programs for currently licensed teachers, counselors, education specialists and leaders who are interested in furthering their professional development and enhancing their credentials. Endorsements can be added to a valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL). Only currently licensed teachers are eligible to enroll in endorsement programs.
Professional Specialization Programs
Certificates and Credentials
- Certificate in Exceptionality
- The four-course online Certificate in Exceptionality will provide a foundation in Special Education to those interested to expand their understanding of various types of disabilities and ways to address the needs of those students.
- Social & Cultural Foundations in Education Certificate
- For graduate students in any field who want to complement their primary degree through interdisciplinary study of the foundations of education and educational policy from critical perspectives as they impact both school and non-school settings.
- Developmental Therapist Credential
- Early childhood educators interested in working with very young children with disabilities and their families have the opportunity to take a series of coursework in Developmental Therapy (DT) leading to the Developmental Therapist credential.
- International Baccalaureate Educator Certificate in Teaching and Learning
- The IB Educator Certificate is offered at the postgraduate level and prepares teachers currently teaching in IB or non-IB schools to work cross-culturally, to promote global understanding and global responsibility, and assist students in meeting IB standards.
- Customized Professional Development
- The College of Education’s Office for Innovative Professional Learning (OIPL) offers all schools and organizations individualized and customized professional development, coaching, or mentoring that relies on best practices and creating a professional learning community.