Academic advisors can assist you with progression toward degree completion, degree and licensure requirements, navigating university technology and resources, course selection and registration issues, exploring teaching areas and endorsements, meeting licensure testing requirements, and many other things.
We strongly encourage new students to meet with an academic advisor in their first quarter to develop an academic plan that will guide you through your program. Academic advisors are trained to assist you with any difficulties you may encounter and may make appropriate referrals as needed.
DePaul University College of Education's Academic Advising Office is committed to engaging students through a holistic partnership focused on personalized educational and professional goals.
DePaul University's Academic Advising Office aspires to be recognized leaders in the field of advising, professional development and integrative technology in higher education. We aim to embody the university's values of Vincentian personalism that respect students' diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities.
- We develop personal connections with students.
- We act as a resource for students, providing accurate and timely information about curriculum, college policies and administrative procedures.
- We develop collaborative partnerships within the COE and university community.
- We empower students to take ownership of their education and goals.
- We assist students in navigating the university community through appropriate referrals.
- We implement current trends in technology into our advising services.
- We engage in professional development and contribute to the profession.
Lincoln Park Campus
2247 N. Halsted, Suite 140
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.