To be eligible to enroll in the EdD program, students must hold a both a bachelor's and master's degree from an accredited college or university.
A complete application to the EdD program will include the following materials:
- Graduate admission application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement should address the following items: why you are interested in further study and articulate an issue or problem of interest or concern to you (approximately 3 pages)
- Writing sample from a master's-level class; alternatively, you can write a 3-5 page response to readings provided by the doctoral program (available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GRE scores (Not required for Educational Leadership concentration. Any other tracks requiring scores are for students who have a cumulative GPA of less than 3.5 for all master's-level course work)
Doctor of Education (EdD)
Add On Options: Principal Preparation or Teacher Leader
*Please keep in mind the add on options may have additional admission requirements.
Applicants may be invited to attend an interview with EdD program faculty as part of the application process. Interviews are held either at the Lincoln Park campus or by phone, depending on an applicant's availability. The Office of Graduate Admission contacts applicants to schedule the interview if one will be required.
Applicants who have earned a degree outside of the U.S. or who will be considered international students must submit additional materials. Visit our International Students page for more information.
Applicants can upload supplemental application materials, send requests for letters of recommendation, and pay the application fee through our online application system.
The EdD program admits new students every quarter: fall, winter, spring and summer. It offers rolling admission, but regular deadlines are set for each term to assure students full consideration for admission and financial aid. The program will continue to accept and process applications after the regular deadline if space is available.
*The EdD program admits students all year on a rolling basis; however, most students admitted for the summer term will begin classes the following fall quarter.
Applicants typically receive an admission decision 4-6 weeks after submitting a complete application.
Take the next step
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Attend an Admission Event.
Ready to apply?