Thank you for applying to DePaul's Principal Licensure program. Our committee has completed a very thorough review of your application materials and believes your credentials demonstrate academic promise. We would like to invite you to participate in the next phase of the application process, which involves a required on-campus interview.
To schedule an interview, please contact:
Barb Rieckhoff – General Concentration; she can be reached by phone at 773.325.8670 or by email at BRIECKHO@depaul.edu.
Sr. Mary Paul – Catholic Concentration; she can be reached by phone at 773.325.4696 or by email at MMCCAUG1@depaul.edu.
Prior to your interview date, you will be required to submit a portfolio. Once the admission office receives your portfolio, you will receive an email that acknowledges receipt. If your portfolio is not received by your scheduled interview date, the interview will be cancelled.
You should be prepared to complete an on-site writing exercise that addresses a topic in education during the interview.
Each candidate must meet the following minimum portfolio requirements below.
Submission of a portfolio that presents evidence of a teacher candidate’s achievements during his or her teaching experience in each of the following categories:
- Support of all students in the classroom to achieve high standards of learning
- Accomplished classroom instruction, which shall include data providing evidence of two years of student growth and learning within the last five years
- Significant leadership roles in the school (e.g., curriculum development, discipline, team teaching assignment, mentoring)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytic abilities needed to collect and analyze data for student improvement
- Demonstrated respect for family and community
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please note that, “evidence” includes, but is not limited to:
- Evaluations of the candidate’s teaching abilities from supervisors that attest to students’ academic growth;
- Evidence of leadership roles held and descriptions of the impact the candidate has had on the classroom, school or district, or the constituents served;
- An analysis of classroom data (student scores) that describes how the data were used to inform instructional planning and implementation, including an explanation of what standards were addressed, the instructional outcomes and steps taken when expected outcomes did not occur;
- Information on the candidate’s work with families and/or community groups and a description of how this work affected instruction or class activities;
- Examples of the candidate’s analytical abilities as evidenced by a description of how he or she used the results from student assessments to improve student learning; and
- Evidence of curriculum development, student assessments, or other initiatives that resulted from the candidate’s involvement on school committees.
Directions for Submitting a Portfolio
Please note, a portfolio must be submitted before the interview date. If your portfolio is not received by your scheduled interview date, the interview will be canceled.
Portfolios may be submitted via email to email@example.com, or postal mail to the following address: