- PhD in Linguistics, Purdue University
- MA in Linguistics, Purdue University
- BA in Applied Linguistics and Spanish, University of Michigan
- BBE 404/304 Language, Literacy and Culture
- BBE 570/370 Second and World Language Literacies and Cultures
- BBE 407/307 Equity Issues in Assessment of Language Learners
- BBE 466/366 First and Second Language Acquisition
- BBE 560/360 Second, World, and Heritage Language Acquisition K-12
Bilingual language acquisition; Heritage language acquisition, loss, and maintenance; Code-switching/-mixing; Language assessment; Syntactic development by bilingual children
(2017) Code mixing as a window into language dominance: Evidence from Korean heritage speakers. Heritage Language Journal.
(2016) Crosslinguistic influence of wh-in-situ questions by Korean-English bilingual children. International Journal of Bilingualism.
Awards and Honors
2015 College of Education Excellence in Teaching Award for Term/Adjunct Faculty, DePaul University
2015 Quality Matters Star Award, DePaul University
2014 and 2015 ENGAGE Faculty Recognition Award, DePaul University