Dr. Kiel is founding Director of the Office of Innovative Professional Learning and faculty. She created an innovative model of learning for professionals locally and internationally. Dr. Kiel’s background includes accomplishments as principal, counselor, assistant principal, and curriculum director. Dr. Kiel is a frequent speaker at schools, medical colleges, and businesses. Her expertise includes innovative leadership, technology integration, gender inclusivity, culturally relevant pedagogy, change leadership, social emotional competencies for professionals, growth mindset, and improving teaching and learning. Dr. Kiel’s is an advocate for student voice, women’s leadership, and Catholic schools. Dr. Kiel created and coordinates the International Baccalaureate educator program.
- EdD in Education, Northcentral University
- MA in Curriculum and Instruction, Concordia University
- BA in Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago
- T&L 425 Curriculum and Instruction in Secondary Education
- T&L 495 Assessment
- A&S 493 Data Driven Decision Making
- MGE 301/401 Middle Grades Literacy
- International Baccalaureate Educator Certificate
Neuroscience and teaching, growth mindset, change leadership, emotional intelligence, technology and game design practices in teaching, International Baccalaureate impact, STEM and STEAM, women's leadership, and the personal evolution of the teacher.
Dr. Kiel coordinates several international professional development programs including teacher and leader training in Beijing, China. These programs have resulted in DePaul faculty teaching faculty members in Beijing.