College of Education > Student Resources > Professional Educator License and Endorsements > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

They are referring to the same test. The terms are interchangeable.


No. You can substitute teach with your regular teaching license.

Graduate Students

Possibly. If you want to substitute teach during the few weeks after student teachign ends and before you get your regular teachign license, you will need to obtain a substitute license.

No, but you will have to take coursework in addition to what is required for applicants who do have a teaching license.

Yes, your license does expire. Please visit the ISBE website for more information.

There is not a national license. Please visit the Cross State Certification Guide for more information.