There are many different resources at DePaul. These pages only highlight a few.
To view more, visit http://www.depaul.edu/Pages/students.aspx
- Academic Calendar
- Athletics: 2323 N. Sheffield Ave. Ticket Office: 773.325.SLAM
- Bookstore: 2425 N. Sheffield Ave., 773-325-7700
- Career Center: 2320 N. Kenmore, Schmitt Academic Center (SAC), Room 192, 773-325-7431
- Center for Students with Disabilities: The Center for Students with Disabilities provides accommodations and support to students with disabilities that will enable them to fully participate in programs and services. 2250 N. Sheffield, Student Center, Suite 370, 773-325-1677
- Computer Lab Locations
- Counseling Services: UCS provides group counseling, personal growth-oriented workshops, time-limited individual psychological counseling, psychiatric evaluation and crisis management services. Sometimes a skill-building workshop or small group counseling experience is the most effective intervention given a student’s presenting concerns.
- Student Discounts: Students receive discounted products and services to from vendors who provide support to DePaul University. Some of these discounts include: computer equipment from Dell and Apple, cell phones and service from AT&T Mobility, access to discounted programs, retailers, discounted parking on the Lincoln Park and Loop campuses, free development software through Microsoft Dreamspark, travel discounts including hotels and car rentals, and much more!
- DePaul Central: DePaul Central is a one-stop integrated student service area for students to take care of their core business transactions in four key areas: Student Records, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and the Payment Center. With these key services in one location, students can get help with problems, gain additional information to manage the enrollment process or perform regular transactions to meet their academic and financial objectives.
- ID Services: Need a student ID? Visit ID Services! Lincoln Park Campus, Student Center, Suite 109, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immunizations: This law requires ALL students (degree and non-degree) born on or after January 1, 1957 and enrolled at half-time or more at a post-secondary institution to provide proof of immunization for Tetanus/Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella. 2320 N. Kenmore, Schmitt Academic Center (SAC), Room 101, 312-362-8610
- Parking: 2320 North Kenmore Avenue, Schmitt Academic Center (SAC) Room 177, 773-325-7275
- Office of Multicultural Student Success (OMSS): OMSS provides academic success information, developmental programs, and key staff contacts for first generation, low income students, or students of color to empower them to be their own advocates during a time of crisis. 2250 North Sheffield, Student Center, Suite 304, 773-325-7325
- Student Life: 2250 N. Sheffield, Student Center, Suite 201, 773-325-7361
- Commuter Services (through Student Life): There are on-campus commuter-friendly resources available on a daily basis especially helpful for DePaul students, such as lockers, Demon Express accounts, and legal services for apartment leases.
- Demon Tix (through Student Life) :The Student Life office acquires discounted tickets for attractions, events, and performances and then allows students to purchase them conveniently on campus.
- University Ministry: 2250 N. Sheffield, Student Center, Suite 311, 773-325-7902
- U-Pass: The CTA U-Pass is a CTA university program that provides college students unlimited rides on CTA-operated bus and rail lines 24 hours per day and seven days per week. You must be a full time student to be eligible.
- Writing Center: The Writing Center provides help free of charge to all members of the DePaul University community—including students, faculty, and staff. 802 W. Belden, McGaw Hall, Room 250, 773-325-4272