To be eligible to enroll in the Social and Cultural Foundations in Education (SCFE) master's degree program, students must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
A complete application to the SCFE program will include the following materials:
- Graduate admission application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two academic letters and the third being academic or other)
- A writing sample (e.g. a term paper, seminar paper, or senior thesis or portion thereof)
- Personal statement that indicates your reasons for wanting to enter the program and what you have accomplished since earning a bachelor's degree
Applicants who have earned a degree outside of the U.S. or who will be considered international students must submit additional materials. Visit our International Students page for more information.
Applicants can upload supplemental application materials, send requests for letters of recommendation, and pay the application fee through our online application system.
The SCFE program admits new students in the fall and winter quarters. It has set admissions deadlines; prospective students must complete an application by the following dates to be considered for admission:
Applicants typically receive an admission decision 3-4 weeks after they submit a complete application.