DePaul University's College of Education is a proud participant in the Troops to Teachers (TTT) initiative, a Department of Defense program funded by the United States Department of Education. The primary objective of TTT is to help recruit qualified teachers for schools that serve students from low-income families throughout America and to assist military personnel in making successful transitions into second careers as teachers.
In order to assist military personnel with their graduate school expenses, DePaul is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, which will cover almost all of the tuition expenses for veterans who qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill at 100 percent of its benefit.
For more detailed information regarding this opportunity, please visit the Veteran's Affairs website or contact the Office of Financial Aid at DePaul.
Eligible Troops To Teachers Programs
- Bilingual and Bicultural Education (with state teaching certification)
- Dual Licensure Program (Elementary Education and Special Education)
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, English, Environmental Science, History, Mathematics, Physics, Social Sciences, or Visual Arts)
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Education (with state teaching licensure
- World Languages Education Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese or Spanish
For more information about Illinois Troops to Teachers, click here.