Currently this program is no longer accepting applications. Please reach out to an admission counselor for more information.
To be eligible to enroll in the Middle School Mathematics Education (MSME) master's degree program, students must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a valid teaching license.
A complete application to the MSME program will include the following materials:
- Graduate admission application
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Copy of a valid elementary or secondary Illinois teaching license
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a colleague speaking to your ability to work with others and your commitment to the goals of the program, and one from a school or district administrator attesting to your ability as an educator
- Personal statement in which you describe yourself as a mathematics learner and your long-term career goals. Address times when you felt you were most and least effective as a mathematics teacher and what happened to students in both scenarios.
- Middle School Mathematics Education Supplemental Application form
Applicants who have earned a degree outside of the U.S. or who will be considered international students must submit additional materials. Visit our International Students page for more information.
Applicants can upload supplemental application materials, send requests for letters of recommendation, and pay the application fee through our online application system.
The MSME program is a cohort program; prospective students are encouraged to contact the Office of Graduate Admission to learn the next term that a cohort will start and the deadline for applying to join it.