The online Sport, Fitness, and Recreation Leadership (MSFRL) graduate program seeks to develop leaders in a variety of areas of kinesiology. Designed to accommodate the demanding and unconventional schedules of current professionals working in sport, fitness, or recreation environments, all coursework is offered online with the only face-to face requirement being attendance at two on-campus summer seminars. These seminars provide a great opportunity for peer networking and developing professional connections in Chicago, one of the most sport and fitness focused cities in the country.
Differing from a typical sport management degree, the MSFRL program focuses on the holistic care and health of athletes and individuals in fitness and recreation settings. With an increased awareness of current events and issues and having built a professional network, our students are qualified upon graduation to accept positions as athletic directors, as well as leadership or management roles in athletic departments, recreation and fitness facilities, corporate fitness centers, or university athletic programs to name a few.
- Designed for current professionals specifically working in sport, fitness, or recreation environments such as university athletics departments, schools, health clubs, recreation and fitness centers, and athletics clubs or leagues.
- Program coursework is fully online, so can be completed while working full-time.
- Two on-campus seminars (two days long) for students to develop professional networks with Chicago’s sport fitness and recreation specialists.
- All coursework and degree are completed in two years (including summers).
- Chicago is the home of DePaul University, offering opportunities and access to affiliate with numerous well known sport and fitness professionals as well as world-class athletic teams.
- The scope of the areas covered in the program provides a rich learning environment of professionals from a variety of settings.