The Value-Creating Education Scholarship
The Institute for Daisaku Ikeda Studies in Education, through its Value-Creating Education scholarship, provides recognition and financial assistance to students enrolled in the Master of Education (MEd) program in Value-Creating Education for Global Citizenship who are in good academic standing. The scholarship, worth $15,000, covers full tuition for one academic year in the program. To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a graduate student enrolled in the Master of Education (MEd) program in Value-Creating Education for Global Citizenship
- Demonstrate good academic standing
- Demonstrate financial need
Additional consideration may be given to students from underrepresented populations or underrepresented geographic locations in the field of value-creating education or those who demonstrate an interest in or commitment to working with underrepresented populations. Preference may also be given to students who have an interest in practicing value-creating education over the long term or those who demonstrate a record of service and commitment to the ideals of Tsunesaburo Makiguchi, Josei Toda, and Daisaku Ikeda.
How to Apply
- The Value-Creating Education Scholarship application is completed online at the Scholarship Connect website.
- Students log in using their Campus Connect credentials.
- Students will be prompted to submit a general scholarship application.
- Students can view scholarships under the “Opportunities” tab. There are three options: Recommended, Ours, and External. Students may search for The Value-Creating Education Scholarship under the “Ours” option.
- Students may begin submitting applications on July 1. Applications close August 20.
- Result times vary. All applicants are notified of the scholarship committee's decisions whether or not the applicant was awarded the scholarship. Award decision notifications are made via Scholarship Connect.