DePaul University College of Education > Student Resources > Field Experiences >
Field Experience Expectations
- All field experience hours are attached to specific education courses.
- All field experiences must be documented on FEDS. Additionally, students should retain copies of all documents for their records.
- At all times a fully licensed educator must supervise all field experience hours.
- Field experiences cannot be financially compensated.
- Field experiences must be completed in a classroom setting while school is in session and students are present. Students who work full-time will need to make arrangements with their employer to be absent from work for a period of time.
- Field experience hours are a part of the coursework in DePaul University's education programs; therefore, hours previously earned will not be substituted for the required hours.
- Professional behavior and dress are expected at all times.
- Each field experience is a potential student teaching placement or employer. Be professional at all times.