Dr. Mason’s research focuses on school counselor identity and leadership, the development of school counseling programs and the use of technology in school counseling. She has more than 12 years of experience working as a school counselor in the public school setting and is an active trainer, speaker and consultant at the state and national levels. Dr. Mason is the co-author of one book, 101 Solutions for School Counselors and Leaders in Challenging Times and the creator/developer of SCOPE, a frequented website about the use of technology in school counseling, www.scope4scs.com.
- PhD in Counselor Education and Practice , Georgia State University (CACREP accredited)
- EdS, Georgia State University
- MEd, Georgia State University
- BA, Queens College
- CSL 452 Introduction to the Counseling Profession
- CSL 512 Crisis Intervention
- CSL 514 Crisis Intervention for School Counselors
- CSL 519 Special Education: Legal and Professional Issues for School Counselors
- CSL 521 Contextual Dimensions of School Counseling
- CSL 522 Delivery of Comprehensive, Developmental School Counseling Programs
- CSL 523 Learning and Classroom Management for School Counselors
- CSL 552 Practicum in School Counseling
- CSL 553 Internship I in School Counseling
- CSL 554 Internship II in School Counseling
School counseling; professional identity; technology
Mason, E. C. M., Kelly, M. M., Buford-Howell, T. & Whitnell, V. M. (2016). Strengths-based approaches and strategies in school counseling. In J. Edwards, A. Young & H. Nickels (Eds), Handbook of strengths-based counseling: Techniques, and integration with videos. New York, NY: Routledge Press.
Mason, E. C. M., Eberts, S. E., Wynne, L. S. (2015). Outcome research and future directions of school counseling. In J. Daigle (Ed.), School counseling classroom guidance: prevention, accountability and outcomes. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
McMahon, H. G., Mason, E. C. M. Daluga-Guenther, N. & Ruiz, A. (2014). An ecological model of school counseling. Journal of Counseling and Development, 92(4), 459-471, DOI: 10.1002/j.15566676.2014.00172.x
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association of Counselor Educators and Supervisors (ACES)
- American School Counseling Association (ASCA)
- Illinois Counseling Association (ICA)
- Illinois School Counseling Association (ISCA)