To be eligible to enroll in the Dual Licensure: Special and Elementary Education (SEE) master's degree program, students must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
A complete application to the SEE program will include the following materials:
- Graduate admission application
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a former professor)
- Personal statement that indicates reasons for wanting to enter the program and future goals
- Writing sample (e.g., a research paper or senior thesis)
- $40 application fee
Applicants who have earned a degree outside of the U.S. or who will be considered international students must submit additional materials. Visit our International Students page for more information.
Applicants can upload supplemental application materials, send requests for letters of recommendation, and pay the application fee through our online application system.
The SEE program admits new students in the summer and fall quarters only. It offers rolling admissions, so students can apply as late as one week before the quarter starts and receive an admissions decision; however, for the best experience, we recommend that prospective students complete an application by the following dates:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so as soon as a complete application is submitted, it is sent to the program's admissions committee for review. An applicant typically receives an admission decision in 3-4 weeks.